Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Heat Wave!

The temperature got up to 81 yesterday, making for quite a miserable night.  I decided it was too hot to cook, so went and picked up two pizzas.  The restaurant has a deal on takeout pizza where their regular pizzas are 6 GBP, or 2 for 11.50.  Regularly they are 7-9, so a decent deal if you choose correctly.  I got a Giardino Vegetable and then a goats cheese and sundried tomato.  Both very good and plenty of leftovers for the next few days.  Next time I might ask for mine "well done" though, as the crust wasn't as crispy as I would've liked.  

I have been making good progress on my thesis, though I found out yesterday that 6 simulations and data sets I took wouldn't work and that I needed to make a modification to the model.  But at least that's much better than where I have been!  I also went down to the off-road lab to take some measurements on a stock Range Rover in order to compare my new design too.  So all in all a very good day.  Even though the bus was an hour late to get home!  

The weather is supposed to stay warm for a few more days I think, hopefully it doesn't get much warmer than it has been though.  Nighttime is annoying b/c I have to leave my windows open, but then with lights on, bugs fly in.  

This afternoon a number of us are going over to actually test the F1 simulator that I've been working on here and there.  I've been in it, but that was before it was fully complete with the airbags that simulate G-forces while you drive.  Should be fun!  Then Will is coming over on Friday and we are going to The Great British Beer Festival in London.  So hard work is a bit easier to get motivated for when you have something like that coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment