Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!  Waffles and fruit for breakfast today, though I bought the wrong cream to whip, I was trying to avoid having too much to use, and I bought the smallest container, but it was only single cream... Oh well, it still kinda worked on the waffles anyway.


Yesterday at Silverstone was really good, and it was actually hot enough to sweat while just watching the racing.  It was historic cars, and there were not only tons of them racing, but tons that had shown up and were just in the parking lot too.  It's just great to see people actually driving them, maintaining them, and using the cars, instead of plopping them in a museum or garage.  I think the highlights for me were all (literally too many to count) the old Aston Martin's.  There were also plenty of Jag E-types, and 2 of I think the 26 D-types that still exist in the world!  The last race we saw was completely old Formula 1 cars, which were really cool to watch and listen to.  I was a complete idiot and forgot to bring my camera though.  I'll try and get some pictures from the other guys that came though.  Let me know if you want to see any of them.  It did turn into a longer day than anticipated because Clive - not a lecturer, but kind of oversees the program - who was racing one of his cars had a hub fail on his car at the start, so his wheel fell off.  So we went back to his house which is in a village close to the track to help him get the car out of the transporter since it did not have a 4th wheel!  Of course after that we had a few beers as he told us story after story about his past escapades.  He's quite the interesting man, and is not shy about sharing it either.  And no, I can't repeat most of the stories!  He was also very honest about some complaints that had been brought up regarding the school and program.  The program was pretty much his idea, so he really wants to see it succeed and continue to improve.

After we got back here I wound up watching Indiana Jones on BBC 3 of all things while eating dinner.  It was a very nice, relaxing day overall.  This morning I'm doing a few small things for our project.  Then I have a lunch reservation at 1 at Ye Olde Swan for a lonely Easter meal.  I'm probably going to ride my bike to the gym first though, get a workout in, shower and then get to lunch.  The place is definitely out of the way, but I've eaten there twice and have been impressed, so I hope their roasts are just as good!

I am enjoying having the whole upstairs of this house to myself way too much though.  It's spoiling me for when the other roommates get back into town.  


No comments:

Post a Comment