Wednesday, June 29, 2011
The Week...
Seems to be going well. Time at least isn't too slow, and I've found ways to be productive, even though I'm waiting on some CAD models still to progress on my thesis. So not that much different than Lighthouse in that respect. I've been filling the time working on job application stuff, so hopefully that will pay off in the end. I think my eyes are starting to protest all the looking at the screen time though. I tried to avoid printing off papers, but I did a few today so I can get away from the screen periodically. I don't really feel busy, but I think it's because my idea of busy was really different back home. Productive right now can simply mean I read some papers during the day and came up with x,y, or z conclusions. Just really different. Easy to be frustrated with the whole process though. At least from talking to some other guys everyone seems to be in the same kind of boat. I'm trying to just not stress about it and do what I can and it will work itself out. I was trying to avoid having a last week or two scramble of late nights, but I think that is just going to happen. Jess put it best - "it wouldn't be grad school without at least a few late nights of work". I did find an awesome paper that should help out a lot in my project yesterday that is 58 pages long, think I'm gonna save that one for the train ride into London to pick up Jess on Friday. And it will probably spill over into the flights to and from Bordeaux too. Gonna get back to watching baseball and maybe a little job/website searching on the side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment