Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Small Update

I love working on resumes and cover letters.  Really.  Except I don't, I'm being really sarcastic.

 I did have a good weekend though, got out on the bike and explored some, watched plenty of football of course, and tried to just relax as much as I could.  The Rugby World Cup has started now, and is being played in New Zealand, so the games are in the morning here.  England played at 9:30 am on Saturday, and I used the excuse to go to The Bull and watch it there, with a beer of course!  England finally won, though barely, and really only because Argentina missed a ton of  "field goals."  On Sunday I rode the bike down to Woburn for an Oyster festival.  It was really fun, I was glad I went, and the oysters were really tasty.  Very meaty, not gritty or overly salty, and yea, they were just fantastic.  Of course on the ride down there (almost 10 miles the way I went to avoid the main junction with the M1) I kept noticing how dark the skies looked.  Eventually it started raining, lightly at first of course.  Then heavier and heavier, and nowhere to stop for shelter either.  I'd also left my jacket at home, I was avoiding taking my backpack, I didn't want to keep up with it, or have to worry about it, so no jacket.  Finally the sun came out though, and I started to dry out.  I should've taken a picture of myself, I'm sure I looked quite sad.

Friday I finally got back to a gym, after finding a Groupon deal for 10 guest passes to a gym at Willen Lake.  It was nice, still haven't found a gym with a good free weight area like I'm used to back home though.  At least the setting was nice - it overlooked the lake with big glass windows.  I'll probably get back over there this afternoon for another visit.

Last night I was quite proud of the chili that I decided to make.  I had some ground beef to use, and some leftover tomato sauce that I didn't want to use with pasta.  So I cobbled together that with some black beans that I didn't drain completely to get enough liquid in the pan (since I should've had more sauce).  I added some chili powder, tabasco, oregano and garlic salt.  And it came out tasting legitimately like chili!  Not that I thought it would taste bad, but it was kind of just thrown together.

Sunday night and Monday were insanely windy.  I know I say that a lot, but this was really bad.  Like bad enough that I think it kept me from sleeping very well at all on Sunday night.  I kept waking up, and never really felt tired.  Think I shoulda just kept baseball on the laptop until I fell asleep.  Hadn't had a night like that in a while though, so maybe I was due for one.

At the risk of jinxing it, I'm planning on coming home week after next, using Will's buddy pass system.  This requires flexibility, so dates aren't set at the moment.  I'd come sooner, but we have another Caterham race next weekend (23-25th) that I don't want to miss.

Well I'm gonna get back to watching replays of Monday Night Football while hoping that massively charismatic verbage for my cover letters will be infused into my brain.

Hope to see you all soon, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment