Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snow Issues

Well part of our lecture (a guest presentation) today was cancelled because of the snow.  Our group has been well organized this week and we were able to finish our presentation before lunch too.  So that left me the afternoon free, which was both unexpected and nice.  I spent my time in Newport, studying on the laptop after buying some chocolates from a store there.  I wanted to try this little bakery I've seen, but they seem to close around 1pm every day unfortunately.  It was an enjoyable and relaxing afternoon, until waiting for the bus back home.  I got to the stop a couple minutes before a bus was scheduled, with another a few minutes behind.  Either would have gotten me home.  15 minutes later two buses turned up at once, the same route too.  I got on the first one, which I guess was the one that was actually on time, because he continued to wait at a couple stops as if he was late.  Then when we finally got to MK, the bus that was behind us in Newport was ahead of us and already at the stop.  I really wish I understood.  It's even more frustrating now that waiting 10 minutes means that I'm almost frozen to the core.  And the heating on the buses doesn't seem to work as well now either.

So it would've been nice to not have that frustration, but overall a good afternoon.  Trying to decide if I want to actually cook tonight or use a frozen meal.  I had kind of decided I'd go out tonight, but since I did have the afternoon off and spent a little money then, I changed my mind and will do something with food I have here.

I did kind of sleep through my alarm this morning, by about 40 mins actually, but was still able to get to the bus stop in time.  Forgot to set my backup alarm, and I usually like a leisurely morning, no sense in rushing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment