The morning bus was actually completely on schedule this morning, probably because I was running 2 minutes late, and it was pulling away as I was walking up the hill to the stop. So I suppose I got in a mini workout this morning walking back and forth...Got a ride from a classmate though.
Lecture was pretty interesting, it was a guy who had worked for McLaren, Ferrari, TWR (Tom Walkinshaw Racing - during the Silk Cut Jaguar days) and various other teams as well. I guess really the takeaway message of the whole week is just to know what your getting into. That sounds painfully obvious, but it's amazing how many people really are not aware of the ways to succeed in the environments that they enter.
I'm working a little bit on our group assignment before going to a presentation on the Bloodhound SSC. There were some pictures of it in my album from the Autosport show too. Hopefully it is a bit better than the last night presentation from the Renault F1 engineer. Our assignment is going ok, I think we've finally gotten everyone focused on the task of getting our stuff ready for Friday. We basically have to present a preliminary business plan, and it is easy to get caught up in the technical details, especially with all of us being engineers!
So it's already been quite a long, busy week, but at least it is our last lecture week, so that is making it a little easier. I haven't gotten to the gym at all, and probably won't until Friday, which is unfortunate, but anyway. Well I should get back to work, and I think I'm out of things to tell you for now. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment