So as I was on campus to interview for the Caterham thing, I was walking over to the computer lab to meet with our business group, and saw Dr. Njuguna. Without me or Rob even asking, he volunteered that we would not start or even know any group project information until the 22nd! We'll know our group members on Friday supposedly at least. But that leaves all next week to work on the business assignment that we're working on this week too. I'll save you all the details, but Adam and I had been trying to plan a few days in Belgium next week for a month or two. So the gist of the deal is that I probably wound up paying more for the Eurostar ticket than I needed to, but anyway. We're still working out the details, but the train drops me in Brussels, and we're looking at ways to get around to Gent and Brugge too. There are also tons of breweries just out and about in Belgium, so if we can make transport work for some of those, we may try to get off the beaten path a little.
The Caterham thing - basically I was the second choice, mainly down to the fact that I didn't have a car to get around..... But, Rob got the official offer, who lives pretty close to me in MK. The professor thinks there is a good chance they will pick up a second car, and even if they don't will probably need help anyway. So I can just get rides with Rob, and we'll be good to go. It should be a great opportunity, and the series is a support race for a lot of the GT races, which would be a great place to get a job.
Last exam score was data and electronics, which was my worst one of the bunch surprisingly. I guess one of them had to be disappointing. I don't know if we'll get our exams back or not to know what we messed up, I sure hope so though.
And my throat - started last night feeling a bit dry and sore, and still feels like that this morning. Hope it doesn't get any worse. I do feel a little run down. Might skip weights at the gym and just go sweat it out on the bike for a while.
Speaking of the bike - don't know if you saw my "Tweet" or not, but I got a flat tire on the way home from the train station Monday morning after the Super Bowl. So my luck on the bike is just like my luck on the car, phenomenal. I'll need to sort that out, but honestly I might wait until after Belgium next week simply to spread some cost out a little more.
No comments:
Post a Comment