Saturday, February 5, 2011

Still Really Windy

Like hurricane windy, like Charles feels like he's pulling a truck tire behind him windy.  Sometimes it is legitimately difficult to walk!

I tried to sleep in a little bit this morning in anticipation of the Super Bowl tomorrow, but I couldn't get past 8:15 unfortunately.  Spent some time catching up on news and blogs and such, there's been tons of news in F1, with a lot of the teams showing their new cars.  And of course Super Bowl news, Egypt, etc.  I've also watched bits and pieces of a couple of the Six Nations Rugby matches, which are quite a big deal here.  They implied they were showing it on BBC America live if any of you are curious.

Had some lunch - still using up my roast beef from earlier in the week, and I've been using my fresh vegetables with hummus and guacamole that I found on sale.  Then I got motivated for a leg and shoulder workout at the gym, which went well.  I also found out that the monthly membership is going down to 19.99!  They're charging separately for the classes now, so that's where the drop is coming from I think.  Otherwise there haven't really been any changes. They've moved equipment around and repainted, and renovated showers, so I don't know how that warrants a price reduction!  But I'm certainly not complaining.

Then I finally got an email back about a bike that I'd seen for sale on Gumtree - basically Craigslist.  It was located about 4 miles directly west of me, and I didn't feel like both figuring out the bus to get there, the schedule, or walking to CMK to wait for it.  So I walked.  I actually did it in less than an hour, which is pretty good for that distance.  I'll need to go buy a helmet and lights, but it came with a lock, so that's good.  Really looking forward to having the bike, it will make it much easier getting around here.  Now that I don't have to be on campus early when it is still dark, I will probably ride it to and from campus if it's not raining too hard.

So yea, legs at the gym, 4 mile walk, 4 mile bike ride back home.  Fun stuff.

My baked fish and assorted vegetables are probably almost done downstairs, so I should probably go take care of that and I'm starving too.

No comments:

Post a Comment