Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend

Has been good so far.  Watching a spring training game from yesterday since the Duke/UNC game was not on ESPN3 - didn't realize it was on CBS.  But glad the right team won ;)  Yesterday I took the bike out for a bit of a ride.  I won't go into all the details, but the landlord has now made it a total pain in the butt to use the bike on a day to day basis.  So seriously glad I'm moving in a few weeks now.  I started by riding over to a wine store to look for a wine that Jessica is looking for but did not find.  Then went to a PC store to look for some new headphones and a screen protector for my laptop, but again unsuccessful.  I really want to find just a headphone plug that I can splice back onto the ones I have that I broke on the plane coming back over here.  I need to find the Radio Shack equivalent store, not sure what that is.  Then I went to try and find some of the local Concrete Cow brewery beer, at a few pubs that were supposed to have it on regularly.  But none of them did.  Oh well, so I didn't find any of the things I was looking for all afternoon, but it was ok, the ride was fun and it was nice to be out and about.

Got back home and watched some basketball online with dinner and my really indulgent dessert and beer combination.  Nicole and Adam were nice enough to bring me a bottle of Dogfish's World Wide Stout.  Background - Jessica got to try this in DC recently, and I might've made it well known that I was a little jealous.  So I found a chocolate banoffee pie to go with it, and slowly enjoyed the beer and pie.  Most of you probably don't know the beer is about 20% alcohol, so it took me around an hour and 45 minutes to drink all 12 oz!

Today I'm doing a little laundry, and need to do some grocery shopping this afternoon I suppose too.  My produce box apparently got stolen from the front door, so I need some "veg" as its called over here for the week. I'll probably head to the gym once my laundry cycle finishes, get back here for a shower and lunch and then out for shopping.  Fun stuff I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment