Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Engine Design

Today was all about the considerations in actual engine design.  It was all very detailed and interesting.  There is almost always no one right answer.  The most exciting part was that both lecturers brought in pieces of old F1 engines, and one cylinder head of an IndyCar too.  The pistons and crankshafts are so much more complex than a standard road car, obviously, but it was eye opening to feel how light an F1 piston is.

We did get out at 4:00 today instead of 5:20, so that was nice.  The time was spent on making sure our ANSYS model was ready to use for tomorrow's class sessions.

I did have a slight panic session this morning, I couldn't find my bus pass.  Wound up just paying the fare for today, and luckily when I got home I did find my pass.  I had pulled it out with the empty box of cold medicine and put it in the trash in my room.  That was a relief, as it's not exactly a cheap pass!

Also, I'm still waiting on the bank to get my account opened.  They certainly are no BB&T...I've been told to come back twice now just to get my basic account information.  That isn't even getting my cards either, those get mailed to me.  So I've been promised that it will be open tomorrow, we will see I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment