It's Friday night, and might be my last truly free weekend for a few months. The intro week was good, we had presentations from alumni working for Red Bull F1, Renault F1, Flybrid Systems, ART Grand Prix and MIRA. All very interesting, though some focused a lot on CFD, which I don't really have a lot of interest in. Still very useful knowledge though. We got to see a cutaway of a mechanical KERS system (almost exactly what is on the Porsche GT3R Hybrid, and likely very similar to what might be on next year's F1 cars). The system was surprisingly small, and could have a footprint the size of a 8.5x11 sheet of paper in the near future.
I did find out that the Social Club does curry on Friday's, it's only 4£ for a full plate with crispy naan. It wasn't as spicy as I might choose, but still very flavorful. We did have group presentations on the paper we were supposed to write this week. I think our presentation went well, even though one of our members had to go back home to France, so we had 2 less people presenting than the other teams. We were given a 10 minute time limit, which no one else really adhered to. Luckily we did, and got complimented on it too. Hopefully our content was as good :) Our paper got scored by another team, and we had the best score on that as well.
Instead of going straight home to MK, I got off the bus in Newport Pagnell and had a drink at a 2 different pubs. The town is very small, but there were lots of people out and about. I will probably wind up spending more time there, it is an easy bus ride from school, and the bus runs back to MK until 10 or 11 at night. There is a nice little river running through the town too, with some nice park areas around.
Tomorrow I am going to venture to Bedford, which is about an hour ride on the bus (unless I pay 12£ roundtrip for an express bus). There is a CAMRA beer fest there, free admission, and you just buy the beer you want in pints or half pints. Should be over 130 real ales and ciders, in addition to an international beer section. I'm curious to see what if any American beers might be there. Other than that I'm just trying to enjoy my truly free weekend, as life is about to get seriously busy. I do need to get important dates into my Google or Outlook calendar and finally do laundry too. I'll probably try to get a run and workout in tomorrow morning too. Hopefully it doesn't rain.
I did buy some Fox's bars (wafer and chocolate) and Cadbury's Caramel and Fruit and Nut bars too on the way home tonight. The first few bites of the caramel bar are pretty tasty!
No comments:
Post a Comment