Xscape is a big entertainment center in Milton Keynes. It is probably best known for the indoor ski slope. I always walk past it on the way to the bus stop, but had never ventured inside. Yesterday was a classmate's birthday, so a group of us met there to go bowling. Well the inside was nothing like I expected. I thought it was mostly the ski slope, and the other restaurants and stores were just kind of there. That was hardly the case, it's basically a mall with a ski slope on the side that you barely notice unless you go in.
Bowling was fun, I missed the first game, but wound up posting the high score of the night in the second game, with a 151 (I know, it's no Lighthouse bowling). I probably won't go back too often, it was really crowded with teenagers and the restaurants are all mainstream, chain, themed restaurants. Most of the group hadn't eaten, so we wound up going to Frankie and Bennies, which claims to be a New York Italian kinda place. I had eaten at home, so just got some garlic knots, but I guess it was good to check it out.
There does seem to be a fair or carnival of some sorts being set up in Campbell Park. The rides have been under construction all week. I'll have to find out the details for this weekend.
I think I am all set up to record the NCSU FSU game tonight. I tried with the World Series game last night successfully. The only problem was that the stream I had cut out about an hour in. With the new Time Warner ESPN feed that shouldn't be a problem for tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment